Wedding is a once a life time experience for most. For brides, the months leading to the wedding day are often emotional and stressful. From the experience of La Couturier Alterations in dealing with brides on a daily basis and to help brides in preparing for the process of wedding dress shopping and alterations, we have come up with the following 6 factors that brides should be aware of in order not to turn smiles into tears:
- Be aware any changes in your body shape leading to your dress fitting sessions and wedding day. Let your alterations specialist knows as soon as possible if you notice any obvious change in your body shape.
- We all love to eat and chocolates are addictive but please watch your diet and weight.
- Have a reasonable expectation of a wedding dress with the budget you have in mind. You should expect some significant differences in quality and finishing between dresses that cost $8,000 and ones that cost $2,000.
- It is very important to ask for helps and supports from your maid of honour and bridesmaids. They should be able to give you good mental and emotional supports. Politely remind them to not give you unnecessary stress.
- Please listen to the advices you receive from your wedding dress alterations specialist. She is professional and experienced in handling wedding dresses. She deals with many happy and stressed brides on a daily basis and she knows how to help.
- Please plan ahead and do not leave any bridal shopping and alterations last minute. It is crucial to have sufficient time allowed for alterations and fittings.