Wedding dress shopping should be relaxed and fun. Unfortunately this is not always the case for brides. From our experience in handling all kinds of wedding dress designs and makes, here are some useful tips to keep in mind when you order and purchase your beloved wedding dress:
- Get a professional body measurement done for online purchases.
- Know what style works and flatters your body. For instance if you have nice straight shoulders, you may want to highlight your shoulders and bring out this part of your body as your focal point on your dress. In this case, a strapless dress may be a good consideration.
- Build a small collection of picture inspirations of your dream wedding dress. One easy way is to use a Pinterest board.
- Think about the style of shoes you want to wear with your dress. If possible, buy your shoes around the same time you order your wedding dress.
- Start early. It may take months for a made to order wedding dress to arrive. The time frame varies between sellers and designers.